Saturday, July 22, 2006

I Stand Corrected

Far be it for this Cincinnati NAMjA to mis represent one of Cincinnait's oldest establishments (not to mention the nation's first baseball team). Daedalus was gracious enough to point out the error of my speech when I stated the following my Opening Day post:

Even though the Cincinnati's baseball team has failed to produce a winning National League baseball team since 1990...

In fact, Daedalus pointed out that the Reds had winning records in 1992 (90-72), 1994 (66-48, best record in baseball in strike shortened season with no WS), 1995 (85-59 in short season due to strike, NL Central Division champs, went to National League Championship Series), 1999 (96-67, lost one game playoff to Mets to miss Wild Card berth), and 2000 (85-77).

To add to this, last night the Reds beat the Brewers in Cincinnati 6 to 5.

Maybe I should do more research before I speak of something I do not follow. Thanks Deadalus!

No comments: