Monday, February 18, 2008

Book Review: Raising the Bar: Integrity and Passion in Life and Business: The Story of Clif Bar & Co.

As a rule, I usually do not pick up self help books. i tend to think that they are filled with feel good attitudes that do exactly that, make you feel good, but giving little information which I could not figure out on my own.

I am still convinced that the secret of life will never be found located between bound leather, but after speaking with friends, I have come to realize that some insight to life issues can be found printed in Black and White.

Still sceptical, I set out to locate a published work that would live up to my friend's promises.

Raising the Bar by Greg Erickson was the first book that jumped out at me. Bar was writtten by the owner and creater of Clif Bar & Co., a line of fitness bars and energy drinks which came out of nowhere and took the industry by storm.

Bar caught my eye for two reasons:

1. This book documents the success story of a small business who's healthy and eco-friendly business practices is the main readon for its prosperity

2. It documents a product that I have grown to love over the years, The Clif Bar.

If you are interested in learning how grow your business WITHOUT worrying about the economic bottom line, I would definitly recommend this book. Though containing some business theory and accounting mumbo-jumbo, it is still light and jovial enough to take on vacation with you or being considered a "light read".

NAMjA's Rating=======3 points (Rating based on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best)

No comments: