Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Start 2 A Busy Weekend

Although the holiday season does not officially begin until later on this week, preparation for the month long eating/shopping bonanza for me begins today.


A good college friend from NYC will be coming into town Tuesday evening and staying with me so most of today, I will be cleaning the apartment and looking for a new couch…good thing Design Within Reach’s semi-annual warehouse sale is going on today.

Not only that; local shops here in my neighborhood of Over-the-Rhine will be participating in the nationwide campaign to shop local. So to support my fellow local chop owners, I will be obliged to begin my Christmas shopping early.



The Holiday season is also the season for giving back, so in the middle of my shopping escapades, I will be stopping by the Butts Family Foundation’s 21st Annual “In The Garage Sale” on 13th street in OTR. It’s a great rummage sale put on each year where proceeds to help feed needy families for Thanksgiving.



Much to do and so little time to get it all done.

No comments: