Monday, April 02, 2007

Spring Is In The Air...

Spring is in the air, so we all know what is around the corner....

Swimsuits and pool side fun.

I have taken most of the winter off from the gym, so you could imagine the state of this so far. Today is one of the warmest days of the year (though the weather should be about 20 degrees cooler) so you can imagine the multitude of people showing off the work that they have done to their bodies during the cold winter months. (Show offs)

No matter, I will not let the ugly head of jealousy rear its head. I really can not complain too much, it my own fault that I have let myself go all winter long.

When I saw these pics from johnandersen.com, they were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back".

I am making a pact to get back in shape. Eating healthier coupled with normal sized portions will no longer be an oddity and my normal after work motif will be some sort of physical exercise rather than bellied up to the television watching the day's installment of Hollywood news. My vices will turn to more of an oddity than commonplace (come on now, a boi has got to live).

In this endeavor I may need some help. The good new is the most of the people around me are either vegetarians or are goal oriented in eating healthy. The only thing that may hinder me is that none of my friends that I hang out with on a regular basis are very physically active....I guess I can get past that.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You shoulda signed up for my 10 week half marathon training program. I am kicking Jason's ass! LOL Although he keeps breaking the diet I gave him, so he's not losing as much weight as he should be, though he has lost a waist size in 5 weeks.