Friday, January 25, 2008

Cincinnati Indie Film: Three Barbecues

I don't know about you, but I plan to stay as warm as possible this weekend. One of my big weekend plans will be to catch up on watching the movies on my Netflix list.

If you plan to do the same, one movie I would suggest is Three Barbecues.

I watched this movie a few nights ago and I would definitely suggest it if you fall into one of the following categories:

1. A lover of kitchy indie films
2. Amazed by the talent that resides here in the Qeen City
3. In the mood for a not so serious flick
4. A lover of any film made this century depicting the 1950's

Though this film starts a bit slow and at first the premise is a bit difficult to surmise, this will all fall to the waist side as you start to recognize Cincinnati scenes carpeting the background and begin to view some local celebrities (Jean-Robert and Quasi, just to name a few).

My interest peaked during the opening credits when I saw the name of a neighbor of mine who worked as one of the producers of the Indie film, but it wasn't until I saw this same neighbor in the film, undulating in a deviled egg costume(I know...this is a must see). Needless to say, once i saw this, he was immediately phoned...lol.

Anyway,

This is a great lazy Saturday afternoon film, and that great part about this film is that it was all filmed in the Queen city.

No comments: