Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cincinnati's Indian Food Fetish


I am not sure how popular Indian cuisine is in most other cities, but her in the Queen City, it is one of the more popular restaurants in town. In the area of Clifton, near the University of Cincinnati, you can find a number of restaurants thats specializes in Indian food. If you go to Ludlow Ave, you will find several on the same block.

A friend of mine turned me on to Indian food a few years ago. I have to admit, the first time that a plate full of Saag was placed in front of me, I thought that I was going to vomit, but once that creamy sauce tricked down my throat, I was addicted!

I have to say that my favorite Indian dish Saag Paneer. The green gosh is a bit hard to get over at first but the dish is creamy and filling. Great for mid-western stomachs.

Though I am a fan of all the Indian restaurants in town, my favorite is Akash, located right downtown near Fountain Square. I may be bias because of its close proximity to my apartment but...who am I kidding, that is the only reason why it is my favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see I'm going to have to take you to Cumin....