Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Shopping woes

Christmas is supposed to be a time of love peace and happiness. For some reason, this time of the year only brings anxiety, angst and semi confusion. Good thing I have more time off work and school then the rest of the year to cope with the madness.

I have not even started my Christmas shopping yet...uggh!

The good thing is I do not have to buy that many gifts this year...here is the breakdown:

Secret Santa-
In our groupd of friends of 10 people or so, instead of spending a multitude of money, we have decided to draw name sna just spne about $40 on the person whom we drew. Go figure that I get the name of me former boyfriend. He likes i-Tunes, so I may just get him a gift certificate for a few downloads. Quick, simple and brainless.

Mom and My Three Dear Brothers-
Since two of my brothers are typical teenagers and are enthalled with hundred dollar gym shoes and simlalry priced video grames, I am not able to get them exactly what they want to get. Mom, on the other hand is a better pic. I think I am going to make a pit stop at the local Barnes&Nobles book store to knowck four birds out with one stone.

And Then There Was One-
My Gradmother is the last person on my list and is the most difficult to shop for. Never wanting anything and if she did, would never tell anyone, it is always difficult to chose a gift that will make her happy. i think I am going to treat her to the movie, Dreamgirls. I think that she will aprreciate the performances and will be very capable in comparing Jennifer Holiday's rendition of "Your Going to Love Me" and Jennifer Hudson's.

With the marvels of modern technology, us younger folk can do the same thing.



No comments: