Monday, December 18, 2006

Macy's Dazzle Weekend

The Fall 06 semester is over and I have about two weeks to sit on my ass and do absolutely nothing. Well I should not say that. I still have to produce a website for one of my clients. Good thing I bought a book over the weekend that gives me insight to creating one.

To celebrate the sitting for me last final exam of the semester, I did absolutely nothing. It was a bit comforting to be able to simple rest and not worry about studying for the first time in 6 months.

So for the first time in months, I decided to forgo a night of partying and stay in.

This fanned relaxation continued on to Saturday night. Instead of going to one of my favorite haunts for a cocktail, I called a friend of mine to have dinner at Rock Bottom on Fountain Square. To my surprise it was packed. Wall to wall cars sood still in the streets surrounding the Square. I called my friend and suggested that I pick him up since downtown was so crowded. He was already on his way so that was out of the question. As I ended the call, I remembered that this was the night that Santa and his two elves repelled down the side of the Key Bank building.

And when I tuned on to Race Street from 6th, It took me more than twenty minutes to drive a round the block and park in the new Fountain Square Garage. A task that should have only taken a half a minute.

We managed to squeeze into a spot at the bar, for going the hour and a half wait there was for a table. The food was great, fast, but not cheap, but worth it tin the long run.

Thinking that we should get out of Dodge before Santa comes tumbling down the side of the building so that we are not stuck behind a multitude of soccer moms cladden with strollers, but just as we walked out of the doors, we exited to see everyone standing still with their eyes focused to the sky. Being the livestock that we are, we mimicked everyone else's gaze to see Santa repelling the side of the Key Bank building on Vine St. It was actually quite entertaining so we decided to stay and watch the ascent. I am glad that we did so, because fireworks display that followed was OUT OF CONTROL!!! I was very impressed.

No comments: