Thursday, July 26, 2007

So You Say Its Your Birthday.....Its My Birthday Too

Over the years, my family was not very big on b-days. I don't think that we ever had a birthday celebration for either my mother or my step father when I was growing up and I only remember a few b-day parties held for me as a child. With the meeting of new friends as i got older, things have changes a bit, but out of habit, I was not expecting too much when i walked into work yesterday.

My supervisor surprised my by treating me to lunch at Allyn's topped off with the best deck of cards. The deck is unique because each playing cards has a different Cincinnati scene on them, they are great!

A co-worker joined us for lunch and she remember that I told her that I loved cheese cake so for dessert, she bought two types of cheesecake from Bonbonnerie for us all to share!

The surprises were not over...

Around 7pm, as I was settling down to listen to Harry Potter, my roommate entered the apartment and stated that a few friends were coming over and we were all going to have a few cocktails at Universal Grille to celebrate the big 2-9.

So good times were had by all.

The big birthday bash will be this Saturday night complete with ex-girlfriends, old and new friends, Karaoke and a strip show so be prepared for a montage of fotos!

No word from any of the fam, but I am sure they are busy.

No comments: