Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My Trip To L.A.: Day 1


Well, i am two days removed from the fabulous city of Los Angeles and am not back here in Cincinnati, so I guess its a great time to let you guys know how the weekend went.

I arrived in the fair city last Friday, June 29th at about 6pm. I was supposed to arrive at 2pm but you know how airport delays go. After a seamlessly easy time obtaining my rental car (thanks to expedia.com) I headed to see family for dinner.



A good time with family, but I was eager to get to my hotel, the Wilshire Grand and check in so I can find my way West to West Hollywood and check out the scene. A bit of a confusion hindered my timely arrival to the hotel...ok, I got lost, but after a quick shower, I was on my way to Weho around 11pm.



Just as with my trip to Chicago, just a year ago, I felt the beginnings of whip-lash as I took in the multitude of eye-candy that past me as I walked down Santa Monica, just west of La Ceniega. Not really knowing which bars/clubs to go into, I simply followed where most of the guys were headed to. This may have been a huge mistake, but I ended up at a club called RAGE.



It was OK. I was not too impressed with the cover to get inside ($12) and the drinks were abit bit pricey for what I got, but the music was something that I would go back for. I love it when videos are played with the DJ's mix. A bit too young of a crowd though, so I moved on.


The next bar that I wondered into was The Here bar and The Abby. There were just around the corner from Rage. A bit too crowded, but the crowd was abit closer to my age and that what I liked. Both bars had a varied mix of indoor and outdoor seating which was night, but the people there were abit too pretentious.

The bar that I enjoyed the most was the MotherLood. A seemingly whole in the wall type establishment but with a prime location on Santa Monica Blvd. It was a perfect mix of eye candy and the not too scrumptious so that I did not feel out of place. Plus the fact that there was no cover and the drinks were reasonably priced made it my pick of the night.




After my run of the bars, I was pooped from the excitement of the day, and my sore neck was not helping the problem, so I headed back to my hotel. After 20 minutes of driving, I reached the ocean, which was the opposite direction of my hotel, located downtown. Grudgingly I hopped back on the 10 freeway and 45min later I was fast asleep in my hotel room.


That was day one.

No comments: