Wednesday, November 29, 2006

How Sweet It Is

With the devastating events that occurred in April of 2001, many thought that realestate investments, community involvement and societal outlets would wither away from downtown Cincinnati.

In 2001, I must admit, I did flee the inner city and move back across the river to the state that I was born and raised. Though I enjoyed my temporary stay in the Bluegrass State, the Siren's call of Downtown life brought me back to it's bosom, and I have yet to regret the move back.

If you have not guessed, that is what this blog is all about!

It would be a shame if I did not use this forum to exploit my neighborhood's national press. In last week's New York Times, there was an article chronicles Over-the-Rhine's progress since the Riots of 2001.

Channel 9 News has been doing an I-Team expose on different streets that were most hit by the Riots. They even interviewed a couple that I know to show that regular, some what affluent (I know, this is a relative term) individuals still choose to reside in the depths of Over-the-Rhine.

I thinks its great, and hope that we all can benefit from this exposure.

No comments: