Monday, November 27, 2006

Truly a Cincinnati Weekend Holiday

I can not think of the last time that I have had a more enjoyable weekend. The warm weather coupled with the kick off to the holiday season with a four day holiday weekend caused there to be a bit more going on in the Queen city the on normal weekends.

Pause…

Well I am guessing that you want to know about it. I thought that you would never ask.

Of course the weekend started off with a feast at my mom's new apartment over looking the fair city of Covington, Ky. Me not a cook in the least, I whipped up some mashed potatoes to serve at the Thanksgiving gala. It was the first time in several years that I have been in the same room with all three of my brothers at the same time. Here as some pics from my family’s Turkey Day.


On Friday, the continued re-opening ceromonies of Fountain Square continued with the lighting of the seasonal Christmas Tree and the opening of the ice skating rink. This is where it was nice to have the warm weather. Unlike the first opening ceremony, Friday was unseasonably warm. Though I did not partake in the ice skating frenzy, I read in the Cincinnati Enquirer that thousands were in attendance.

Saturday, Eden park was on fire with the Balloomanaria event. This is where several colorful hot air ballons light up the dark sky. The reflection of this site off of mirror lake is amazing.



Why can't every weekend be like this?

No comments: