Thursday, November 16, 2006

Law School or Library School....The Decision of the Ages

Yesterday, I met with the head of the Political Science Dept. at the university that I attend. For some strange reason, it is mandatory to choose a minor in addition to declaring a major at this university. With an associates in Korean Studies already under my belt, I opted to choose a minor in International Studies, which is a part of the Political Science program.

I was floating on air after my meeting with the Dean because I found out most of my credits from my associates degree could be used in obtaining my minor, placing me closer to graduation than I had imagined.

Now that I have one (at the most three) courses left to finish my degree, I have to solidify my plans for graduate study. I have narrowed my choices of graduate work to either obtaining a Law degree or obtaining a Masters in Library Science (MLS).

Decisions....decisions...

The good thing with either of the two programs that I choose to take will be free, so that is one less thing to worry about.

There may be more opportunity for me if I obtain my MLS first, but on the other hand, I would have to drive to Lexington a few times.....

Law School would be interesting and there is a program close to me where I can attend in the evenings, but on the other hand it will take longer to complete than Library School.

Both are equally exciting to me....

I would be interested to hear what any of you out there have to say...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I've been looking at Kent's MLIS 12-12-12 distance program's 2007-09 cycle that's at the Public Library, but I've gotten a lot of negative feedback about it...but you can do UK's MLS program for free, I saw do it. Then get a librarian job and go to Law School.