Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Tide FINALLY Changes

Did anyone think that this day would come?

After casting my vote, I helped out at Ohio's Democratic headquarters and things looked a bit bleak while I called registered Dems to get them out to the polls. Most were either not home or were not voting because they no longer trusted the 'system'.

As it turned out, we prevailed! Not only in Ohio but nation wide, taking a majority of the House seats and hopefully, the Senate too.

The race that I was most watching with the gubunitorial race here in Ohio and it was a great sign to see Mr. Blackwell concede even before the first vote was officially counted. Another race that I watched was that of Phil Himlich who fell by the waistside.

After volunteering, I met a few friends at Molly Malone's Irish pub and then went to Cranley's Election party. I say election as opposed to victory for obvious reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too was the most pleased about Pepper's victory. That is a HUGE paradigm shift for Hamilton County.

And Strickland in charge will, I hope, mean good things for higher ed in Ohio.