Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Columbus Is Happening-Recounts of Saturday Aug 25

So after the long and lonely night on the streets of Columbus my first night, it was greatly made up for the second evening we were there.

Saturday, Roommate, Brooklyn and I hooked up with a friend form college who now lives in Seattle and works as an independent fashion designer. She is originally from Cincinnati, which is where she met the woman for whom we all traveled to Columbus to see off to the Netherlands.

Once we all met up with Seattle and Weeds (woman moving to the Netherlands), we had a late brunch at NorthStar. The menu was simple and unobtrusive and healthy for you. I was the last one to get my meal due to the fact that I was the last one to order. I watched as a wonder plate of home fries, accompanied by a cheese omelet graced Roommate's plate. Followed by 3 other great dished that was set in front of the others.

When the server finally brought my dish I was disappointed served a simple biscuit with one egg and burnt home-fries. I guess that's all they thought I needed.

I cheered myself up by buying a great pair of jeans from Dr. MoJo afterwards.

Just hours after my experience at NorthStar, we had a great dinner at a small Italian restaurant called Basil Italia just a few blocks west of Short North.

I can honestly say, that next to RiverSide, this was the best meal that I have EVER had.

We capped the evening off by dancing our asses of at Q-bar, which happened to be 70's night. The music was great, the crowd was large and boy-sterrous so we all had a great time.

No comments: