Monday, August 27, 2007

Columbus Is Happening-Recounts of Friday Aug 24

As I mentioned in my last post, I took off for the fair city of Columbus, OH just minutes after I left work on Friday. On this trip I spent a bit more time in the city so I was able to take in more of the sites.

Getting in to town around 6pm, my roommate and I met up with one of his old friends from college, who is currently residing in Brooklyn, NY. (Coincidentally, the three of us and two others who will meet up with us on this trip are congregating in Columbus to see goodbye to a friend who is getting married and moving to the Netherlands this week.)

Brooklyn, Roommate and my self check in to the hotel and then head to Short North and take in the sites along with a few appetizers and libations at Union Station, a far cry from Cincinnati's excuse under the same same. This bar had a great outdoor seating area, which was in front of the bar, so that you could watch passers by, walk their dog on the street or ride their crotch rockets.

After this late dinner, we heading back to our hotel room for a quick change an headed to Q-Bar. Last time that I visited this bar, it was packed with eye-candy, but when we walked in this evening, the crowd was non-existent. We did manage to score a few free drinks, (thanks to Brooklyn) and two tickets to hear a DJ spin at Wall Street, which unbeknownst to us, was just around the around the corner from our hotel room.

I had a great time and the music was great, but as the night wore on, I got the feeling that I would be heading back to the hotel alone. This was perfectly OK, except for the fact that Roommate and Brooklyn left with their respective conquests without saying goodbye to me and without a key to the hotel room.

Needless to say that it was a long, lonely night (which led to the morning) on the streets of Columbus for me.

No comments: