Thursday, August 23, 2007

Taking My Writing To The Next Level

As a revisit yo the post Pushing 30 Blues, the "things that I have been working on" are about to be reviled. I have decided to take my writing/editing and translation business to the next level. For the past couple of years, I have written resumes, cover letters and business plans for friends and have even received a few paying clients out of it. The weird thing is, I actually like doing it. I like being able to help people get the jobs that they have always wanted.

I have started advertising on Craigslist.com. I am advertising under several different categories to optimize my exposure. My daily goal is to advertise in one city a day. So far, I have been meeting that goal.

Along with reading books that explain some great strategies for running an online business, I have created a new business blog where I give free advice about writing, editing, and successful business practices.

So far, I have been getting about 2 to 3 jobs a week. Not too bad for part-time work.

Next step is to create a website. Check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments: