Monday, September 24, 2007

Typical Gay Cincinnati Weekend

Well, I guess for me it was.

I guess a typical gay weekend would be hitting up all the gay establishments like Subway, The Dock and Universal Grill downtown in the business district. Some may even venture to the outskirts of the city and patron Golden Lions in Clifton or Adonis all the way out in on the East side.


Due to the fact there this is a bit too much drama in Cincinnati's gay scene (or the fact that everyone seems to know everyone else), my roommate and I opted not to go the regular route.

Though Cincinnati's October Fest was alive and kicking all weekend, I really did not feel like drinking kegs of beer and snarfing down multiple mets and brauts in the 90+ degree weather. Plus a few on my friend from New York were in town and they had already had a visit to the yearly "Beer Fest" so it was more of an excuse to skip it.

Instead, we danced into the wee hours of Sunday morning and the dance club Adonis, where representatives from Logo and Cadillac were on had giving free rides in their 2007 Escalade and giving away free stuff. Though the acting is not the best in Noah's Ark, I was able to score the entire first season for free from the hot Logo rep.

After a well needed lazy Sunday afternoon, we all met at the Comet for quesadillas and blue grass music, capped off with a few glasses of wine on the banks of the Ohio river.

All weekends should be like that!

No comments: