Monday, September 10, 2007

Volunteering A-Go-Go

Well, another Monday is upon us. Looking back as to what my plans were for the weekend on Friday, there was not much on the agenda. For once, I was actually thankful. I could lay around in my boxer shorts and watch tennis all weekend.

Yeah...like that really happened.

Saturday, after a light breakfast and a run, I was summoned to Clifton Heights, to help Give Back Cincinnati beautify the street island located just in front of Hughes High School at Clifton and Calhoun Streets.

It was more fun that I had imagined. Of course I only worked the last hour while most of the people there had been there for 6 or 7 hours. The after party at Christy's has a huge success as well, with one of the most amazing DJ's that I have seen here in Cincinnati. I guess I should have got his name for my next party.

Sunday, I had all intentions of laying low and starting work on a business plan that I have been contracted to draft. On the way to breakfast at FirstWatch, I was summoned to help set up for Over-the-Rhine Chamber's Second Sunday on Main celebration. This was at 11am so I thought 30-45mins of work and then off to breakfast I could go.

Not the case in the least.

After an hour of setting up and socializing, I ventured to Kaldi's where I sat for 45 minutes before my order was taken. An hour and 15 mins later (without being served any food), I left and went to Rock Bottom where I ate a bit too much.

No comments: