Monday, September 17, 2007

The Weather Gets Cooler, The Balls Go Flying

As of this morning, the drought that has plagued the Ohio Valley has caused serious concern about global warming and the consequences of economic globalization on the world.

OK...this a bit too deep for a Monday morning, but I wanted to set the scene.

Our area is currently about 13 inches short of rain for the year. The effects of the drought has been set back (just a little) but by the fact that cooler weather had set in this past weekend (although its going to reach the 90's again this week).

It never fails, the cooler weather, reminiscence of high school football comes waifing back into my mind and I have an uncontrollable urge to play with balls (no pun intended).

In recent years, I was on a softball team, originally called Shaby Chick, but a change in sponsorship afforded us to be called Team Adonis (which I liked alot more). Thought softball was not really my sport, I was asked to participate on a volleyball team in gay volleyball league here in Cincinnati.

From my experience being in the gay softball league, there are not too much eye candy, as I thought there would be, but I met some of the most extraordinarily nice, intelligent and funny people during those games, so I am expecting some of the same with the volley ball league.

Tonight is our first meeting/practice, so I will let you know how it goes in coming posts

No comments: