Sunday, December 16, 2007

Saturday Night Fever

Another snowfall hit the city yesterday morning. I love Cincinnati to death, but the city holds some o the worst drivers in the nation. I am so glad that this winter storm hit on a weekend.

When I woke up yesterday morning and saw the ground all covered with snow, my first impulse was to run out and start playing in it. Then I realized that I had no snoot boots not did I have a winter coat suitable for "playing" in the snow.

I am such a grown up.

Instead, I took these pics on my walk to breakfast at Coffee Emporium.





Later on in the afternoon, I met my college fraternity brothers at Universal Grille for a holiday get together. Yes, the NAMjA was in a fraternity. Long live Delta Lambda Phi!






Afterwards, I attended a Davis Sadaris play entitled "The Santaland Diaries". The play was put on by The New Edgecliff Threatre in Columbia Tusculum.





I have never read anything by David Sadaris. In fact, the only thing I know about him was that he has a sister named Amy who was in a little show called Strangers with Candy, and a movie of the same name. Needless to say, I really did not know what I was getting into.


I loved the show!




Russell Ihrig played David in the Santaland Diaries and Joyce Dunbar in the second play called Season's Greetings. Both plays was a 1 man show and Russell did a great job holding every one's attention throughout the entire production.




Its a great chance to support local talent. The show runs through Dec 22 so get out and see it.




Dinner at Bella Luna capped off the night. I suggest trying the spaghetti alla Norma when you go!

No comments: