Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Storm of 2009!

Well if you are like most of the people here in Cincinnati, you are stuck at home.

Unfortunately, I was not one of the smart one who actually believed the weather forecasters when they said that the city would be shut down today...

Who knew?

So I woke up this morning to an empty refrigerator, no cable television and no Netflix movies. So instead of settling with just doing cartwheels all day, I decided to brave the cold and put Cincinnati's public transit to the test.




I have to say that I have always been a firm believer of public transit and METRO today passed the test.

I caught the 24 up to the Corryville Krogers where I could get some yummy snacks and a few movies from the BlockBuster.

The problem was on the trip back when our bus got stuck in the snow, so instead of waiting around for hours until a bus could save us, I decided to brave the cold and make the mile trek back down to OTR.

I got some good shots along the way. Here are some of them, but you can find the rest of them on my FaceBook page.






But if I had to do it all over again, I would have stayed in the house!

No comments: