Monday, January 08, 2007

The Apprentice

I think I have a new favorite reality show.

As most of you know, i am a relity show junky from way back. I even applied to The Real World :Boston. I the past few years, i have continuously been disinterested in seeing real people living together and more intersted in shows that engaged a bit of brain work coupled with bronze to win. This is why "The Amazing Race" has accupied my attention for so long.

One show that has slipped under my radar for the past 6 seasons is "The Apprentice". This season, the show that shows Donald Trump's efforts to choose a new apprentence to run one of his companies has a local vying for the job. Surya Yalamanchilli is a brand manager at Procter & Gamble and lives here in Cincinnati. On the first episode he was quiet on the first episode, though having the advantage of being on the first winning team. I was lucky enough to be Suyra's personal trainer just before the holidays. He is a nice enough guy and I hope that he succeeds in the show. During our workout sessions, I tried not to ask him abnout the show because I knew that he was legally obligated not to leak the outcomes.

Now that the show is on the air, I am sure that Suyra is busy with appeareances for the show, which is probably why he has discontinued his workout sessions with me. Either way, it was neat meeting him and I wish him all the luck on the show. I'll be watching.

No comments: