Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The 'Goings On' Around Towne


Last night was another deemed to be another sedentary Tusday night in the Queen City. With the weather being as cold as it is, I was content in just staying in and watching Jeapardy!.

But thinking to myself, that there has to be something 'to do' on this cold Tuesday evening, I called up a friend of mine and we decided to check out the new McCormick and Schmick's Fish market that opened downtown.

Once there, the bar was our only option for seating. Which I should not complain about because it was only there where we could take advantage of the Happy Hour prices. Quite crowded, we waited close to 45min before we were able to belly up to the bar. This was just in time to receive the dishes that we orded. Fish tacos, friend claemary, steamed mussles and shrimp quesadilias, all for under $10!

After dinner and afew drinks, we walked out on to Fountain Square to see a couple of teams playing Broomball. I had tried to get a team together for this year, the teams were already booked for this season. It looked really fun, but I do not think that it would be too much fun playing in close to sub-zero weather. The announcers were pretty funny though. Ever so often they would let the spectators know what was going on in the game, but for the most part they were cracking jokes with each other and making comments about anything but what was happening on the ice.

I guess if I had planned ahead, I could have sat in on a talk with Maddy Albright who was just a block away.

No comments: