Thursday, February 01, 2007

Can you guess what I want for my birthday?

I know that this may seem strange, but while I have written a good majority of the posts on this blog, I have been listening to "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" on my I-pod.

Like those who claim to be a closet Treky, I am one of those 20-something adults who is infatuated by this story of witchcraft and wizardry.

Funny enough, I was introduced to the "Boy who lived" by my younger brother. When he was a 6th grader several years ago, he told me he was reading a book. Over the years, my brother would have rather swam the River Nile with a llama on his back before he sat down and stuck his nose in a good book. I was so intrigued that a fiction book caught his attention so much that he would read it, that I picked it up as well, to see what the fuss was all about.

Unlike most, I started with the 3rd installation of the series, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" but once I was complete with that volume, I decided to start from the beginning and work my way up.


From the instant I was thrusted into this magical world of make-believe, seasoned with reality, I fell in love, with the story. I am an avid reader, but for the first time in my life, it took my just a few days to finish reading the last book published in the series"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".

You could image my delight and utter glee when I found out that actual date of release of J.K.Rowling's 7th and final installment of the series on July 21st of this year. It is called "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"

I can only imagine what it's going to be about. (Just a warning: The following may only be intelligible to those who are familiar with the series).

-I think that this book will be set in the area where Harry's parent's lived.
-Dumbledoor will be alive and we will find that his death at the other end of Snape's wand was all a silly ploy.
-We are going to find out that Harmony is really Harry's guardian angel

That's all my predictions so far. Stay tuned for more.

No comments: