Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pride Is Alive in the Nati

How do Drag Queens do it? (Courtesy of CinWeekly)

The sun was blazing but it was no competition to the fabulously hot members of Cincinnati's GLBT community who dawned their colors and participated in the Queen City's Annual Gay Pride Celebrations which was last Sunday.


Serpent Bar represents (courtesy of CinWeekly)

Kicking off at Burnett Woods with a rally at 11 am and immediately followed by its participants marching a few miles down the hill and across the highway (via a bridge) to Hoffner Park in neighboring Northside where there was an whole host of performers and booths.

And the band kept marching on (courtesy of CinWeekly)


My roommate and I wanted to Rollerblade in the parade but due to use not getting out of the door until about 1:30pm (we thought that the parade would begin at 1 pm) we decided to just drive to Hoffner Park and greet the participants as they sauteed down the street into the park.



An ode to one of Cincinnati's most popular landmarks (courtesy of CinWeekly)


Of course, in true diva style, that are tardiness was in no comparison to that of the parade.

It was so exciting to see so many "family" members in one place. It was sort of like watching Super Friends...so many super heroes in one place, using their different powers together for the fight for freedom. In this case it was the power of seduction.

All throughout the day, I was so distracted that I forgot to take pictures (I know right). I did manage to snap a few pics here.


My roommate makes out with cow-like dog. Yes that is him in drag and on roller blades.

In the back patio of Bronze Bar....I love what they did with the place.

Of course, the worst pic I have taken in several years was taken by a CinWeekly photographer...Man I hope this does not make it into this weeks print version.


No comments: