Thursday, April 27, 2006

Busy Day

Today was the culmination of the busiest week I have had all year! For the most part I am a chill guy and don't let many things get to me, but this week was a test if not the final exam. We have already talked about the KABHE Conference, then I worked tirelessly on my thesis presentation (just a rehearsal which I gave just hours ago). It went off without a hitch, but the whole preparation part of it is the worst thing to get over.

Leaving directly from school, I had planned to attended the InkTank Writer's salon where we were scheduled critique two pieces of work and have an exercise in historical fictional writing. It's great to learn about other people's writing process and see what comes out of it. This is a fairly new group and I was foolish enough to have one of my earlier pieces placed on the chopping block a few weeks ago. Let's just say that I learned a lot that day.

OK...Back to when I just left school...

I had about 45min before the workshop so I decided to get a quick run in at the Central Parkway YMCA. My planned 10min, half mile run turned into a 30min 3 mile run. I just couldn't stop.

Where have I heard that before?

Needless to say that I will have to catch the writing group on the flipside. I am now killing time before I meet a former neighbor of mine to talk about this year's Spring Fling. I have been asked to help organize it again this year and I have some big plans for it!

No comments: