Monday, April 10, 2006

Now Presenting....


I am sooo excited! And I just can't hide it.
25 cool points to the one who can name the group who originally performed those lyrics.

I know that this may not mean too much to you, nor does it have anything to do with Cincinnati, but I just found out that I will be presenting a lecture at the KABHE's (Kentucky Association for Blacks in Higher Education) 2006 Annual Conference in Lexington KY!

I submitted my paper over a month ago. Since I had not heard from the organization, I assumed that my topic was looked over. This was until I checked my email and found the message:
Congratulations Kareem! Your proposal has been accepted to
present at the 23rd Annual KABHE Conference. Please get back with me
as soon as possible to let me know if you will need any special equipment for
your presentation. You will be hearing back from me in the near future
concerning the time of your presentation.

Again Congratulations and
we are very excited about your session!

Sincerely,
Stacy Webster-Little
Conference Co-Chair

You must be wondering what I could possibly be giving a lecture about. The paper that I proposed is titled, "Information Access: African American Students Capitalizing on the Changes Occurring in Academic Libraries". Four years of working at the reference desk and being a computer learning center program director at an inner-city public library, coupled with a couple of years experience working at an academic library, should give me enough footing to pull this off.

I'll keep you updated.

No comments: