Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Out In Right Field


Today's look at the View
It seems like only yesterday, Katie Couric's energetic smile replaced Jane Pauley on the Today Show as Bryant Gumbel's co-anchor. I don't remember when Matt Lauer replaced Gumbel, but I guess it wasn't that dramatic. Anyway, I am glad to see that she is not going to wither away in retirement, but get a more prestigious position as anchor of CBS Evening News (for less money than if she stayed on the Today Show, I may add). I am more excited that Meredith Vieira of The View and Millionaire will be taking here place. Katie was funny, but Meredith will definitely get your day started with more of a kick.


Overnight Smack-Down

Last night was the first night that the Cincinnati Police Department conducted sweep of downtown, making arrests and serving warrants. It was the first night of a month long strategic plan to rid Over-the-Rhine (OTR) of crime, in hopes not to have a repeat of the four homicides that occurred in the span of seven days. After 30 days, the Cincinnati Police Department will evaluate this task force and measure its effectiveness, to see if it is worth continuing.

At 5:45 am this morning, I watched a live shot as a news reporter heralded the fact that she did not feel threatened as she walked down the dark street of Over-the-Rhine. I wonder how safe she would have felt if she did not have a camera crew following her.

My little brother is going to College!

My brother is going to college! I wasn't sure if he would make it or not (sad in this day and age), but he did it! He will graduate from my al ma mater this June and has plans to go away to college!

No comments: