Monday, April 24, 2006

Now Presenting...(Take 2)


I can't believe I did it!

Today, I gave a presentation at the Kentucky Association of Blacks in Higher Education. I spoke about how African American college students can capitalize on the changes occurring in academic libraries. I was a bit intimidated, presenting to a group that was so educated. My fears were not calmed any when I found at the the mayor of Lexington, KY and Kentucky's recently retired Head Librarian was in attendance.

My presentation was at 2pm this afternoon so I wasn't expecting that big of a turnout because it was the first session after lunch. Even so, I decided to get check the room out about 30min before the start, just to make sure that everything was connected.

There was no internet connection in the conference room!

Ok...no problem, I thought. I got over that fairly quickly. But then we couldn't get the projector to work. After 30 minutes of blood sweat and tears, everything started working fine. Un-flustered I dove right into the presentation. The nervousness dissipated and I just went into what I knew.

About 10 min into the presentation, my mother, who teaches at Brown Macke College, walked in the door! That helped to ease my stage fright.

Hopefully I can do more of this.

No comments: