Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's Hump Day


I was going to write about how depressed and lonly I was last night, but everyone has nights like that.

Last night was one of the most uneventful nights I have had in a very long time, but I tied to make this best of it. I kept myself occupied by watching a few Tyler Perry plays, reading the latest updates to the series of Blogs that I follow, taking a swim at the YMCA and making an incredible chicken salad topped with Kalamata olives and cheese. Sounds like a blast, I know.

I'm just glad that I didn't overdose on the amount of glee and joy that I was experiencing.

As the title of this post reads, today is hump day (the song Humpin' Around is swimming through my mind), I am glad that this week will be over soon and I am looking forward to the events this weekend.

Saturday, I will be team leader at the Great American Cleanup in our neighborhood. This should be fun. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough for some men to go shirtless.

Sunday I leave for Lexington, KY for the Kentucky Association of Blacks in Higher Education Annual Conference, where I will be giving a presentation about African Americans and Academic Libraries. Again, I know that you are cheking ebay for tickets to this event, but it will be exciting to check out the nightlife in another city for a change. I don't get out of Cincinnati too often. That may be the casue of my sucky night last evening.

No comments: