Monday, July 31, 2006

Birthday Wishes And Caviar Dreams

As I have grown older, I have become founder and founder of birthdays and birthday parties (or should I say, the anniversary of my birth). Growing up, my family did not put that much emphasis on this special day, so my knowledge of birthday celebrating has been slightly stunted. My brother's birthday was last month, and when I asked my mother if she was going to have a party, her response indicated that it was the last thing on her mind.

I have been fortunate enough to have my life's path run along side those of friends who appreciate the celebration of life and show thier feelings by way of attention, affection, concern and love.

Saturday, some friends threw a party for me and another of our friends to celebrate our births, for our dates are less than a week apart.

I do have to say that this party was a perfect end to a month of traveling and new experiences. I was surrounded by people whom I loved and, according to the entires left in the journal that I received that night, those who love me. The specially chosen songs that were played on the karoake machine (a gift from the couple to who's wedding I attendined in Michigan during the beginning of July) were a tesitment to the feelings that were abundant that evening.

I have to say, the 2nd row tickets to the up coming Cirque du Soleil show was the gift that was most unexpected (thanks Joy, Dave, Chelsea and Dan).

Thanks again for making this one of the best celebrated birthday I have had in awhile!

No comments: