Friday, July 14, 2006

Just Taking A Breather

Just getting back into town and resting up for the second leg of my summer vacation. I just got back from spending a week in the Upper peninsula of the state of Michigan for a friend's wedding. The wedding was held on Sat, July 8 on Manistique Lake's south shore. The setting was surreal, complete with a gazebo. The wedding was short and sweet. After the bridal procession, I gave my acappella rendition of "His Eye Is On The Sparrow" and another friend of ours recited a very piece of literature. The night went on to include music, dinner and dancing and capped off with all hundred or so guests of the wedding lighting several sparklers to light the dark lake shore.

For the rest of the week, some friends whom I traveled with from Cincinnati and I rented a cabin on the north shore of Manistique Lake. It was amazing! The first few nights were a bit windy, but the rest of the week's weather was perfect. The week was filled with good food, good friends speckled with some mornings of yoga, a few swims in the lake and kayaking on the river.

I only have one night here in Cincinnati and then I am traveling to Chicago for the Gay Games. I have never been to Chicago so I am excited to see it.

Some of the major sights were the Bear Refuge, Mackinac Bridge and Tahquamenon Falls.

More to come...

No comments: