Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Battle With Narcissus


Or should I say, the battle with not becoming him.


I woke up this morning and had a brilliant idea to take a few pictures of myself to help document my progress in becoming more fit. In another stroke of clarity, I felt that I may even post the pics on here for you to view. I took a few snap shots with my camera phone and was not pleased with any of the pictures. I even felt a bit embarrassed.


Then I thought to myself...am I being conceded? Am I flailing down the same path as Narcissus (though his demise was all Nemesis' fault)? Is that the type a person I am, or the type of persona that I want to portray?


Whatever the case, I did not post the pics on here (as you can tell), but I do think that taking the pics will help me to know when my fitness goals are reached, since I have discontinued using tertiary goals as a benchmark (thanks B!).
Anyway...
I picked up some information about a couple of 5k races coming up next month. If I keep up this health kick, maybe I will be in good enough shape to walk one...lol.

No comments: