Friday, May 04, 2007

Do You Remember Kool-Aid?


I was reading this post over at Boy And His Breifs and it reminded me of one of my favorite drinks as a child. Kool Aid. Remember when we were a child and there were only a few flavors to choose from? I guess there are still only a few flavor to choose from but in our new world of marketing, the names had to be supped up so catch the eye of the consumer. Instead of just the original 9 flavors, there is now an entire arsenal:

Apple
Arctic Green Apple
Bedrock Orange
Berry Blue
Black Cherry
Blastin' Berry Cherry
Blue Berry Yum Yum
Blue Moon Berry
Blue Raspberry
Bunch Berry
Candy Apple
Changin' Cherry
Cherry
Cherry Cracker
Cherry-Lime
Cherry Subway
Cola
Eerie Orange
Golden Nectar
Grape
Grape Berry Splash
Grape-Blackberry
Great Bluedini
Ice Blue Island Twist
Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade


And that's just a few of them.

Due to the sugar factor, I have not made (or even consumed) this sugary drink in over a decade! Miraculously, I found some kool-aid packets that I had snagged from a friend of mine when she was moving out of town last year and decided to make a pitcher.

I found my self having to read the instructions as I had forgotten how much drink one packet made, and the right amount of sugar to add. Needless to say once that "whatever" flavor touched my tongue, I was immediately transported back to 216 W. 15th street in Covington, KY on a hot July afternoon.


I feel like singing the theme song to "All In The Family"...lol

No comments: