Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cleaning Out My Office

Due to the fact that I will be beginning a new job and an entirely new organization, the last week at your old job is always weird. For the past few day, I have been giving a bevy of Goodbyes and explaining my new position to everyone. Though I am staying in the same industry, it seems that everyone at me current job hasn't the slightest clue about where I am going. Very strange.

But as I tie up loose ends and explain to my supervisor (who is new as well) what I actually do, I am in the process of getting all the junk and extraneous papers out of my office. It is so amazing the amount of paper that I have accumulated over the two years that I have worked here. Most of which I had not seen in over a year.

It makes me think in this day of age of computer storage, the amount of paper that we actually use should be next to nil. But yet I am literally throwing away (recycling) thousands of pieces of paper. What a waist.

Here is a before video that I made of my office in researching new and innovative ways of creating a training module when I first arrived here Jan of 2007.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video doesn't work because it's set to private.

B

Cincinnati NAMjA said...

Thank for the heads up...it should work now.