Tuesday, October 02, 2007

When Balls Go Flying, Someone Always Gets Hurt


And in this case, it could have very well been me.

Last night was the second night of league volleyball play in the Cava League here in the fair city. I am on the team called "Another One" (original, I know). We play three sets, the team winning the best out of two winning the game (or match, not really sure, but you get the point).

Well last night I was running a bit late due to our monthly community council meeting, so I race in and take over the the hot little sub (substitute) that was filling in and started to play.

Just a few plays in to the match, a teammate and me went for the same ball. At the last minute, I pulled up, letting the ball hit him square on the chin, making the ball fly right into my eye, knocking one of my contacts out....or so I thought.

While both teams stopped play and assisted me in looking for my fallen contact (btw one of the most embarrassing moments of my life), I wiggled my eye a bit and it popped out.

Needless to say, we ended up losses 2 out of the 3 matches.

All is fair in love of balls.

No comments: