Monday, October 01, 2007

Impulse Buys Can Be The Death of You


As most of you may know, I am currently without a car. Since the weather has been nice, I have not had too much of a problem getting out of bed and off to work, but Ol' man winter is just around the corner, so I thought I should be a bit more proactive in my attempt to find a replacement vehicle.

So Saturday, I ventured out to Performance Honda on the outskirts of town and went through the difficult task of choosing a car, test driving it, applying for financing, only to be told that they will give me a call on Monday. In layman's terms, "You ain't getting jack squat from us."

In frustration of, yet again, getting turned down for a car loan, I decided to take the bull by its horns and purchase a laptop.

I know what you are thinking, if I do not have a car, what in Sam hill do I need with a laptop?
Since I had been thwarted in financing a car, I have decided to place more effort in beginning ION Consultants, the company that has been several years in the making. I know the laptop sets me back a ways in trying to get a car, but I can do three times as much work if for the business (advertising, resumes, cover letters etc) if I have my own laptop.

Also, it was cool to write a check for so much money....lol
I guess you are curious as to what type of laptop I got. Well, its not the best, but its definitely not the worst. I bought a Toshiba M5. Above is a stock pick of it.

No comments: